Community - Johnston Smillie caring accountants
We believe there is intrinsic value in being part of a community and enjoy giving back to local charities and worthy causes.
We are acknowledged for being caring accountants in the community.
Although we operate in the world of finance, life is not merely measured by profitability. Some of the most rewarding experiences for our team come from volunteering or helping raise finances for others less fortunate in our community.
Each year our team drive to raise over £10,000
The three keys areas of our work below encapsulate our wish to be part of the Community rather than working in isolation. There is more to business than just profit and our staff like to feel fulfilled as a result of the significant time they spend at work. This can come from a sharing of skills and ideas with others.
Community – Some of our activities have been relatively passive:
- Supporting charitable events run by some of our clients.
- Supporting local events such as gala days and the Corstorphine fair.
- Contributing to the Greening of the Environment by sponsoring flower boxes at a local church.
- Sponsoring Turnhouse Golf Club
- Sponsoring the Blair Horse Trials
- Hosting business clubs for our clients
- Helping to secure increased sponsorship where we are sponsors
Our team of Chartered Accountants enjoy a positive and close knit atmosphere in the workplace as a result of our community work. They are proud to be known as caring accountants. The annual selection of which causes to support are nominated and selected by our own team. Our staff love the sense of fulfilment when they are able to give time and funds to help local causes. Local for us can mean local to our own office or that of a clients – often collaborating with clients for greater fundraising results too!
Provided by CoolFundraisingIdeas.net