An excellent year for fundraising!11th January 2019 | Posted in: Charity, Community, Fundraising
We decided at the end of 2017 that we would support SMA Support UK for a second year and are delighted to let you know that it has been our best year ever, with funds raised of £20,000.
Throughout 2018 we raised money in many different ways and it has been great fun along the way. Here is some information on the different events we held:-
- Quiz Night – In June we held our annual charity quiz at Le Monde in George Street, Edinburgh. There were 15 teams taking part this year with the winners being Young & Partners. This is a great fun event which can get very competitive at times.
- Dress Down Days – We continue to have dress down days for staff every Friday. For a voluntary donation of £1, staff do not need to come to work in office clothes on a Friday.
- Easter Raffle – We had a raffle in March where raffle tickets were sold and Scott McInnes won a lovely, cuddly bear and a chocolate Easter Egg.
- The Big Swim – Angie Harvey and our payroll manager, Julie Hunter, decided over what must have been a glass of wine or two too many, that they would take part in this event and attempt to swim a mile across Loch Lomond. After several weeks training, they successfully completed the course, along with their sisters and were greeted by work colleagues, friends and family members as we reached the finish line.
- Sportsman’s Lunch – Our annual charity lunch held in November was out most successful yet. This was thanks to our two excellent guest speakers on the day, Willie Allan and George McNeill and of course to the amazing support and generosity from all those who sponsored and attended the event.
- Marathon in May – This event meant that members of staff and their families could get involved and enjoy different, active ways of covering the distance of Marathon, 26 miles, during the month of May.
We have loved working with SMA Support UK over the past couple of years and we would like thank them for the support they have provided to our colleague Craig and his family and to wish Caroline and her team all the best in the future.
What do we have in store for 2019?
This year we have chosen a small, local charity called “It’s Good 2 Give!” to help. They support young cancer patients and their families in practical ways. Their goal to open a Retreat for those young cancer patients and their families was achieved in 2017. The Ripple Retreat allows families to use it for a short break together in a purpose-built, restful and safe place. The Retreat is situated on the shores of Loch Venachar in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park.
We have many fun filled fundraising plans for 2019 and look forward to sharing them with you over the next few weeks.
If anyone would like to donate to this worthy charity, we now have a ‘Just Giving’ page setup where you are welcome to make a donation at any time.